Weekend Forecast: 'Hot Pursuit'
Featured Stories - on May 06, 2015 by BoxOffice Staff
In the wake of Avengers: Age of Ultron's debut last week, Warner Bros. and MGM look to counter-program this weekend.
- Reese Witherspoon has a considerable fan base, and her most recent Oscar nomination has helped keep her on audiences' minds.
- Sofia Vergara could be a major draw for this movie among Hispanic crowds.
- Twitter and Facebook activity are quite solid, especially the former where it's leading Tammy and The Other Woman.
- Reviews are in the cellar (10 percent on Rotten Tomatoes at the time of writing).
- In such a crowded season for female-skewing films, this is the title most likely to suffer ahead of Pitch Perfect 2 next week.
- Flixster activity is significantly behind the pace of Tammy and The Other Woman.
Check out our complete weekend forecast in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Weekend||Domestic Total through Sunday, May 10|
|Avengers: Age of Ultron||May 1, 2015||Disney
|Hot Pursuit (2015)||May 8, 2015||Warner Bros. / New Line
|The Age of Adaline||Apr 24, 2015||Lionsgate
|Furious 7||Apr 3, 2015||Universal
|Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2||Apr 17, 2015||Sony / Columbia
|Home (2015)||Mar 27, 2015||Fox / DreamWorks Animation
|Ex Machina||Apr 10, 2015||A24
|Cinderella (2015)||Mar 13, 2015||Disney
|Woman In Gold||Apr 1, 2015||Weinstein Company
|The Longest Ride||Apr 10, 2015||Fox
|The D Train||May 8, 2015||IFC Films
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.